Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Advent Calendar - December 14th, Fruitcake - Friend or Foe?

December 14 – Fruitcake – Friend or Foe?
Did you like fruitcake? Did your family receive fruitcakes? Have you ever re-gifted fruitcake? Have you ever devised creative uses for fruitcake?


I've never seen what all of the hoopla is about fruitcakes.  Either pro or con.  I've seen some of them, and even had a little bit at times.  I don't recall being either thrilled with them or disgusted by them.  I believe I mentioned in an earlier Advent post that I'm not real big on baked desserts, and I guess fruitcake fits into that. Different people have different recipes, and I can see where some might be better or worse than others.

I've never gifted a fruitcake to anyone, nor been given one as a gift, although I'm pretty sure my family got one on at least one occasion.  I'm not sure if it was a "gift" or just given to us.  I would never re-gift one if I got one.

I think I'm too young for this particular craze, as I don't remember it being a thing later in my life, and mostly older people talk and joke about them.


This and all other articles on this blog are © copyright 2011 by Daniel G. Dillman

No comments:

Post a Comment