Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fearless Females - Names

March 3 — Do you share a first name with one of your female ancestors? Perhaps you were named for your great-grandmother, or your name follows a particular naming pattern. If not, then list the most unique or unusual female first name you’ve come across in your family tree.


Well, since I'm not female, it's rather unlikely that I would share a name with a female ancestor, and I do not.  Furthermore, none of the living females I know of on either my side or my wife's side are named for female ancestors.  It's the males that tend to be named for ancestors in our families.


UPDATE: I was so sad I couldn't really participate in this prompt that I totally missed the second part of it! I'm pretty certain that the most unusual name of a female ancestor would be Arminthia Belle Wiseman.  I've also seen it spelled Armenthia and Armitia as well.  She was my paternal great-grandmother.  Other unusual names in my Day line are Happy and Thankful Day, both dating back to colonial times in Connecticut.

No comments:

Post a Comment