Friday, March 18, 2011

Fearless Females - Ladies Who Lunch

March 16 — If you could have lunch with any female family member (living or dead) or any famous female who would it be and why? Where would you go? What would you eat?

Yes, this post is late.  I'm trying not to make this a habit...

Wow.   So many choices!   I'm going to cheat slightly and go to lunch twice.  


The first would be Maria Elisabeth Eva Legrand.  She was born about 1760 in Niederweiler, Rhein-Hunsrueck-Kreis, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany, and died before the 1830 US Census of Harrison County, Indiana.  


Why?  She's the female immigrant ancestor of my Dillman line, being married to Johann Michael Dillmann on 14 May 1785 at Saint Leopold Church, Vienna, Austria.  The newlyweds then left virtually immediately for the New World.   I would really love to learn about her world, why she immigrated, about her parents, and about her in-laws!  I have almost nothing on her in-laws, and I would love to extend the line further back.  And finally, I like her name.  It sounds almost aristocratic.


The other lunch would be with one of my brick walls, India (McQueen) Williams, my maternal great-grandmother.  She was born in1886 in Louisiana, and died 31 Jul 1912, location not known to me.  She married Oscar Holt Williams in 1902 in Louisiana and had two sons, Omar Holt Williams and Dallas Williams. There's great confusion around her family at that time, and almost no documentation of any sort, just an entry in a Bible for which I was able to locate a transcription online.  I'd really like a few answers about her family.  And maybe some southern hospitality?



No comments:

Post a Comment